You must provide acceptable proof of identification documents and hold a valid visa that can be verified via VEVO (Visa Entitlement Verification Online service).
As per advice from the Department of Immigration & Border Protection (DIBP):
- Non-Australian citizens can apply for a temporary or a permanent visa depending on their circumstances and eligibility.
- If you arrived in Australia prior to mid 1980s and have not travelled from Australia since then, you are unlikely to have an electronic visa record in VEVO and may be eligible for an ImmiCard. This will assist in creating an electronic visa record.
- All non-Australian citizens are advised to refer to the Department of Immigration & Border Protection (DIBP) for further information regarding visas.
Once you have a verifiable and valid visa, you will need to send an email from VEVO to 1-Stop as evidence of your visa status. We will request for this email during your MSIC application process.
To send an email from VEVO, just watch this clip or follow these 3 simple steps:
- Go to the Vevo website
- Click on ‘Check your own visa details’ button and follow the prompts on the screen.
- On the visa entitlements page, please ensure that your visa status is in effect.
If your visa is in effect, click on ‘Send email’ button and enter the following email address: email@example.com
Once 1-Stop has received and validated your email from VEVO, we will respond with an email confirmation so that you can proceed with your application. Allow for at least 2 working days for the confirmation.