You need to be a rail operator user to be able to create train consist messages.
If you are a terminal user, then you will have read-only access to consists, created for your terminal.
|Rail operator users||YES||YES||YES|
The following steps will assist you in creating a new consist message to a container terminal.
Step 1: Click "Create Consist" menu or button.
If you are a rail operator user, you will see the "Create Consist" menu.
Step 2: Enter Train and Trip details
Enter the following details for the consist header.
All train details are mandatory to create a consist.
- Enter the Train Number or change it. You cannot enter a train number with a space, e.g, 8178 2 is not accepted.
- Train Service Number is auto generated for you, however, you can change this value. The Train Service Number must be a unique number for the train. You cannot have the same Train Service Number for the same Train Number more than once.
- Select the rail operator. This drop-down list is maintained by the 1-Stop Helpdesk. Please advise them if your organisation is not in this list
- Select the origin and destinations from the drop down list.
The drop downs show the origin and destination locations configured for your company. If you need to add or change any location, please contact the 1-Stop Help desk .
- Select Schedule departure date or Actual departure date if you know them. One of the two fields is mandatory.
- Select Schedule arrival date. This field is mandatory.
Press the Save button. This will create the Train Consist header record. You can now add locomotives, wagons and slots to the train. Train consist status will be in DRAFT status.
Step 3: Add Locomotive(s)
Click "Add Locomotive" button and enter the locomotive details,
Locomotives are not mandatory to submit a train consist, however, if you know the locomotive details you should add them to help identify the train.
Locomotive number and class are mandatory fields if you add locomotives. All other fields are optional and enter the values if you know them. In future these details may become mandatory if the data is sent to rail authorities.
Click to save the locomotive.
You can change the locomotives details by using Edit and Remove buttons.
Step 4: Add Wagons and Slots
Click "Add Wagon" button,
Useful Tip: You can use CTRL+ENTER shotcut keys once you enter the wagon class and number to save the wagon data.
- When you save the wagon, the screen will auto create the first slot and your cursor will come to "Discharge At" drop down in the slot.
- Alternatively, you can click "Add Empty Slot" button as shown below.
- Select the terminal from the drop down where the container will be discharged at.
- Enter the container number and enter tab key.
- The following table describes fields in the slot level.
- Instead of clicking the save button to save a wagon or slot, you can use CNTRL+ENTER buttons together (shortcut keys).
- Remember you can use the ‘Show/Hide’ the Train Details. This will provide you with more space on the Web Browser when you are entering Wagon Data
How to remove slots
- "Remove Slot" sub menu in the slots will perform two functions:-
- If you have a container in the slot, you can clear the slot to make it an emplty slot by clicking "Remove Slot" sub menu.
- You can remove empty slots at the end of the wagon.
- For example, see the wagon below with 4 slots:-
- "Remove Slot" menu on slot #3, will clear the container on the slot.
- "Remove Slot" menu on slot #4 will remove the empty slot, as this is the last slot in the wagon and it is empty.
- You cannot remove the first two empty slots as there is a container in the 3rd slot. You will see an error message, "Cannot remove the slot. First, clear the containers in all subsequent slots if you want to remove this slot"
How to add an empty slot
- Do not fill Discharge at or Container number fields.
- Select the container size, if it is not 20. An Empty slot needs the container size as it will be used as the pin-config for the slot.
- Click icon to save the empty slot
- The Train Consist application saves the empty slot.
How to move Wagon(s) with the consist.
- You are required to re-sequence the wagons to ensure that the wagons are in the correct order.
- Click "Change Order" button under "Add Wagon" button.
- You will see all the wagons in the consist as shown below. Each box is a wagon and you can see the wagon sequence number on the top.
- You can select one or multiple wagons and move left or right using the arrow keys.
- Once you complete the move, press "Save" button so it will re-order the wagons in the consist.
Step 4: Submit to terminal
- The consist will be in DRAFT status until you submit the consist to the facility.
- Click ‘Submit Consist’ menu in "Action" button, when you have finished entering all the data.
- This will create a Consist EDI message and send to your train destination facility(s).